Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Laughing

"She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future." -Proverbs 31:25 
You probably laugh every day. If not, I am severely sorry. I am generally a happy person, and laugh basically every day. You may laugh at anything. Maybe your friend or co-worker cracked a joke, maybe you read something unbelievable like:
"GAS IS ONLY NINTY-NINE CENTS!" 
If you think over this past week you probably laughed at a lot of stuff. But. Did you laugh without fear of the future? Maybe this is just me but when I laugh I just laugh because something is funny, not because I'm not afraid of the future. 
I think everyone struggles with worrying about the future, or just worry in general. We worry about all kinds of stuff from big problems like "will I be able to afford dinner tonight" to "to watch another episode on Netflix or not, that is the question." (I must admit I struggle with the second one) Although God tells us that He will take perfect care of us, even better then we could, it is extremely hard to let go of all that worry. 
I encourage you that next time you feel that wave of anxiety or worry. Just laugh. Laugh without worry of the future. God will take perfect care of you. We can take peace in that. 

Thanks for reading! :)

-ColdCoffee

No comments:

Post a Comment